posted ago by Yakuza ago by Yakuza +5 / -0

I can't afford to buy property (even empty land), but is there some kind of index fund you can buy that tracks properties or gives you a direct stake in real estate development? Preferably something fractional so I can just put in a little at a time.

Comments (8)
sorted by:
cyberrigger 5 points ago +5 / -0

Real estate has holding costs such as taxes.

You have to put it to work and maintain it.

It's better with agricultural land with ag exemptions.

Bee keeping is sometimes an option for small lots.

Surfsup 3 points ago +3 / -0

Buy shares in a REIT

IqwensuOrja 3 points ago +3 / -0

REIT or real estate investment trust is one way.

Kamalas_a_Bitch 1 point ago +1 / -0

They are severely oversold too since covid hit. Once interest rate go up they will moon. IVR, MRA

Hoshi 2 points ago +2 / -0

There are companies that sell shares in a business and you also share in the depreciation and growth. The bigger ones with the nicer properties expect you to have high net worth, but I am sure there might be ones that have further divided up the shares so instead of one share is 1%, one share might be a fractional interest of 1%.

maga_infinitum 1 point ago +1 / -0

dafuq is this asshole design /investingnewsDOTCOM with DUMBSHIT top bar bouncin when you scroll down. LMAYOO dafuq drugs they on with that bat shite INSANITY KEK

Yakuza [S] 1 point ago +1 / -0

Ok that sounds exactly like my time at Tachibana Real Estate in Kamurocho.

Man, the 80's bubble was wild.

Buzzhead 2 points ago +2 / -0

Yes you can purchase shares of real estate investment trusts. There are a lot out there. I am familiar with (stock ticker) O. Not saying that’s a good buy but it’s an example of what you’re looking for.